Sorry! Forgot to post the video of The Turbike. In time I’ll start putting up some guidelines re how to make it, design considerations etc. But the basics of what’s needed are:
- a frame to hold the bike steady
- a frame to hold the turbine alternator steady (the forces are quite strong on it)
- a turbine alternator (mine is the 3m one from Hugh’s Recipe Book)
- all the bits & bobs needed for getting the electricity to (and from) the battery
- a bike you won’t be in a hurry to disengage and take out on the road!
Here’s how The Turbike looks and works so far:
I’ll do some posts about the reality of pedaling and regenerating my office’s power as soon as I get more experience of that.